07 March, 2012

Beer Days Ahead

Awoke to a chilly early March morning, but the Sun and Earth had other plans. By day's end we are close to 70 degrees making me long for dinners outside at the garden table, and a cold beer.

I must have sensed it as I wandered the aisles of Linwood Liquors a few days ago, inexorably drawn from wines to the twinkling cache of emeralds and ambers in the beer cooler.

In my mind, I was picturing something dark and seriously hoppy, with a nice bite and deep, rich flavor. My last brew sampler came with fantastic names like "Old Scratchy" and "Raging Bitch". Brewers have a warped sense of humor, and I play right along.  Scanning from left-to-right and top-to-bottom, there, disguised behind a rather nondescript label, I spotted "Dirty Bastard" from Founders. How could I possibly resist?





This is not one for the faint of heart, at 8.5% it has a kick.  Now all I have to do is figure out what to pair it with...crab cakes would be fabulous.

Interesting article about this very beer in today's paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment