04 March, 2012

The simple things...

Sometimes the simplest things are the best.

 
Yesterday, the sweetest people took me to to Enzo's Market in Fort Lee (a post dedicated to Enzo's will come in the future). Tucked away in a totally non-descript strip mall atop the Palisades Cliffs  lies a hidden gem. Behind Enzo's counters magic happens in the form of handmade, silken white balls of mozarella and the best chicken parmesan I've ever had. Coming back home this afternoon from the gym, with a stomach begging to be fed after a  particularly grueling workout, there was the cheese gently resting in its brine, handfuls of tender aromatic basil leaves, gem-colored cherry tomatoes and crusty bread. A quick drizzle of balsamic, extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt and there was the best lunch! I had to remind myself to slow down and take a picture before it was all gone.

1 comment:

  1. You are killing me with this description...drooling now!

    ReplyDelete